Friday 8 April 2011

"I'll have a pint of cake, please"


St. Patrick’s Day may have passed a few weeks ago now but it doesn’t mean you can’t continue to celebrate it in some way, especially if making a chocolate and Guinness cake counts!


I made this recently for my Guinness-loving boyfriend’s birthday. It was a bit of a risk as it was the first time I’d tried to make it and was essentially treating my friends and boyfriend as guinea pigs but they all obliged and seemed to like it...or at least that’s what they said anyway.

I used the recipe featured on Design Sponge here, which is the work of Katie of What Katie Ate. If you haven’t already, you should go and have a gander at Katie’s blog – it’s full of beautifully assembled photographs of the dishes she creates. You will feel hungry after reading it - a sure sign of an excellent food blog. However, you will also come away inspired to make your own dishes look all pretty and tasty too.

I just hope my version of the Guinness cake had the same effect.

Carla

3 comments:

  1. ¡¡Qué pinta, madre mía!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, quite a pint indeed ;) Venga Marta, de pan de soda a tarta de chocolate y guinness - tu puedes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jejeje...mucho pides tú :-) ¿No la venderán ya hecha?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...