Wednesday 9 November 2011

Coloured in cutlery

As a big fan of all things circular, from polka-dots to...biscuits, I especially like spoons and their nice rounded shape. When you think about it, you can get so many, and interesting, varieties of spoons...or am I the only one that thinks that way? There’s wooden spoons, bamboo spoons, metal spoons, golden spoons, silver spoons, those nice tiny wooden spoons for scooping up salt (an ultimate favourite). They’re just the gentlest of cutlery items in my view. Anyway, moving on from my spoon obsession, let's get to the point of the post...I wanted to share these lovely tutorials I found for sprucing up your old/new spoons (or other cutlery). It looks quite easy and gives a really nice result, I think. 


Sania Pell uses some lovely colour combinations and you can find out how she created this effect on her website, which is well worth a visit. It includes some excellent DIY projects and she has also published books full of great crafting ideas. I'm going to try out the clay Christmas decorations and if I don't make a complete mess of it, I might give you a sneak preview ;)

I also found more detailed instructions on how to paint your cutlery on Instructables. Here is the picture of the ones they made, which have more of a glossy finish.


Would you give this a try? Let us know how it goes if you give it a shot.

Carla

3 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I don't know if I'd want to do this to all my silverware, but I have some serving spoons and forks that I think would look so fun colored!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. We love reading them. You should try this out on your serving forks and spoons, I'm sure it would look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que preciosos cubiertos, estoy ahora pensando en piezas desparejadas que tengo por casa para tratar de hacer algo parecido. Un beso

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...