Wednesday 29 February 2012

Same, same but different: Breakfasts

Happy Wednesday dear readers - Saturday and Sunday are not that far away now! I don't know about you but one of the things I like most about the weekend is indulging in a nice relaxed (and plentiful) breakfast. It's one of my favourite meals of the day and I love how different it can be from one country to the next.

I'm in Zurich just now and will be for the next month or so, giving me ample time to sample the delights of this country. The breakfasts where I'm staying are amazing and so filling. The cheese platter takes centre stage, (as it has done for most of my stay here so far):


Aside from the wonderful chocolate, the selection of cheese available in this country is astounding!

For a sweeter breakfast, you can't beat some pancakes with blueberries a la americain...


or some croissants and a coffee a la francais...


I do like a nice bowl of porridge too, it's the Scottish in me.


And I also found this which looks interesting and is something I've never tried before:


I found a few of the above images (except for the top one which is my own) over at this lovely tumblr page dedicated to photos of delicious breakfasts.

What is your favourite kind of breakfast? Please let us know if you have any good recipes or combinations...or even any insider tips on Zurich!

Carla

6 comments:

  1. I think breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, pancakes and croissants are definitly up there on my list!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you're also a breakfast believer, Rebecca! It's hard to pick a favourite breakfast meal really.x

      Delete
  2. these look amazing, pancakes are a clear winner for me, porridge for when I am trying to be good. at the moment I am trying to find some healthy but filling breakfast choices, harder than it seems. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can find some healthy breakfast inspiration on that tumblr page...otherwise all bran it is! Nowhere nearly as nice as pancakes, mind you ;) x

      Delete
  3. This is my new favourite breakfast, even though I haven't tried it yet! What a genius idea of baking an egg in an avocado. I've heard of avocado omelette too and that's also on my list of breakfasts to try.

    Thanks for pointing out the tumblr page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No probs, Lyndsey! Glad the idea has caught your imagination too. I'm a big fan of avocadoes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...