Thursday 9 February 2012

Cranberry and white chocolate cookies

To kick off the year with good intentions of completing my to-do list, I signed up to a photography course so I could learn to use my digital SLR better. In one of the classes, we built mini studios to take photos of different objects. I wanted to try out food photography so I took in some biscuits I made and snapped the photo below. I'm learning a lot more about my camera and am definitely looking forward to using it more and to building mini-studios at home in particular. I could get quite addicted to them in fact!



Biscuits are another addiction of mine so let me tell you how I made these (yet another Bill Granger recipe - always the best!):

Makes approx 30
150g unsalted butter, softened
165g firmly packed-brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
200g rolled oats
140g white-chocolate chunks
85g dried cranberries

Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4 and line three baking trays with baking paper. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the oats, chocolate and cranberries and stir together. Add to the creamed mixture and stir together well.

Roll small tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking trays. Flatten the balls with a fork dipped in flour.

Bake for 12-15 minutes until pale golden. Leave to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Will you be giving these a go? They are pretty, pretty tasty :)

Carla

7 comments:

  1. I love the shallow depth of field on this shot. Nice! They look super tasty. This is one of my best friends' favorite flavor combos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you like the look of these, they are well worth a shot...especially if it's your friend's favourite flavour mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Practise is needed but I'm looking forward to taking more picture for the blog :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks! Hope you can try them out for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla -

    After you left a comment on my blog about Zurich I headed over to check out your blog. Oh my goodness it is so fabulous and fun! I'm so glad I discovered such a great page. I'm so glad you liked my post about Zurich! It is such a beautiful city I am excited for you to explore it yourself. And yes, Sprungli is a must!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...